- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Sun, February 27, 2022
- Time: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Sun, February 27, 2022
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am
- Soulful Sundays
Intro to Vedic Meditation by Bradley Raider
Please join us for a mindfulness exercise and introductory talk on Vedic Meditation.
The Zoom room will be opened 30 min before and 30 min after the event. Join us to meet other Harvard-Westlake parents and build a strong Mindfulness tribe/community! : )
Vedic Meditation is one of the oldest, simplest, and most profound techniques of meditation in the world — practiced today by millions upon millions of people.
• Reduction of and increased resistance to stress and anxiety
• Strengthening of the immune system
• Increased energy levels
• Improved memory/concentration and decision-making
• Reversal of certain processes of biological aging
• Reduction of addictive behaviors
• Reduction of cholesterol/blood pressure and the risk of heart disease (number one killer in the US)
• Reduction in the risk of cancer
• Normalization of sleeping patterns
• An expanded, mindful consciousness from which to view the world
During the talk, we’ll discuss the technique’s origins in the Vedic traditions of India, an overview of the mechanics of the practice itself, its benefits (including reduction of stress and an increase in energy and peace of mind), and how to learn.
In addition to a 10-minute mindfulness exercise, students will also have the opportunity to learn more about taking a full four-session Vedic Meditation course.
Questions? Email Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org.